How to setup Domain Signing with Mindmatrix
Posted by The Team at Mindmatrix on 13 October 2014 04:35 PM
This document outlines what is needed to complete domain signing with Mindmatrix.
Note - This change will only apply to users with the same domain address, EG: @domainexample.com
To use the company’s from domain for any company, you will need to follow these steps
STEP 1 - Email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting Domain Signing. Our team will send you a Work Order for the setup cost.
STEP 2 - After signing the work order, share the following in your support ticket:
1) The domain that the company is going to use to send emails (@domainexample.com)
2) Organization, company or users who would need this domain signing applied. If you are unsure of the users, provide the Organization name.
3) Login link
* Instructions to add the spf record and domain key text record for the domain.
STEP 4 - Add the SPF Record AND Text record for the domain. (Please note that you must add both for the process to be completed).
STEP 5 - Reply to the ticket when you are done.
STEP 6- Once the spf record is set Mindmatrix will go through a round of testing and adjustments, then the update should be completed.
Technical Instructions for the customer:
- Select an email address to be used for all the custom From emails.
- These steps will allow Mindmatrix to send emails on behalf of the customer's server.
2) Add a text record
After the spf/text records are set - please inform the Mindmatrix team to update your User ID, to "uncheck" or "send signed emails". This flag must be set per user.
At this point, testing needs to be completed to confirm this is setup correctly.
Warning: Please avoid spamming at all costs. Now that your domain is in the from field of your marketing emails, your company can be responsible if blacklisted. Read more about spam laws in the United States by clicking here.