- Smart Lists are great tools to dynamically segment your contacts based on their attributes or actions.
- You can also use smart lists to send notifications to other users or to yourself.
- To create a smart list, go to the connections section of your account.
- Click on the blue "Create smart list" button.
- On the info page, name your smart list.
- Next, set up your filters(s).
- Notice that you can choose from an attribute (contact record data) or an action (collateral activity, for example).
- In the example below, I created a filter for collateral activity > Any Email + opened:
- Click the "add >>" button to add this to your list of filters.
- Once you add those filters, you can choose a timeline and if you would like to show anonymous contacts who complete an action.
- If you click on the "Advanced" tab, you'll see that you have one filter selected.
- Notice that you have the option of combining filters, as shown by the example text.
- In the example below, I have combined 3 filters to create this smart list. Every contact in this list:
- Opened an Email
- Located in state/province that contains "WA"
- Did not click on any links
- After you finish creating filters for your smart list, click the “next” button.
- You will then be able to choose your notifications or if you would like to share this smart list with any other user.
- When you are finished choosing your notifications and who you would like to share the smartlist with, click “next” to save your smart list.
Interested in learning more about Mindmatrix software? Join our email list to get the latest software release notes, videos and how-to articles.