- Log into your SF admin account and on the right-hand side, click on the “Setup”
- Now on the far-left side of the page, click on “Build” and then “Customize”. In the menu that opens, select “Contacts” and then “Fields”.
- Scroll down to the “Contact Custom Fields & Relationships” section and click the “New” button.
- On the page that opens, select Data Type “Formula”
- Click Next.
- Name your new field. Try pre-fixing your name with AMP for best results. For example, AMP Account Name or AMP Account Type if you are adding these fields to Mindmatrix to sync over your Salesforce Account Name field or Account Type field.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the “Text” radio button.
- Click “Next”
- Now on the New Custom Field page, write in the parser name for the field you are copying data from. For example, I’m setting up an AMP Account Name field that copies data from Account Name in Salesforce. I want the text for my field to equal “Account.Name”, so I wrote this into the textarea pictured below.
- Click on “Advanced Formula” to customize the other options.
**Note if a field is a picklist field such as Industry or Account Type you can get this by typing in this formula TEXT(name of your field here) for example, if you were trying to get Account Type type TEXT(Account.Type) and this will copy the value over to the new field.
- Scroll down and select the “Treat blank fields as blank” radio buttons, then click “Next”.
- Now hit save. To view that this worked, check the Contact’s Info page. Here’s an example with the AMP Account Name field:
- You can now map to the new fields you created directly from AMP in the CRM Connectivity section.
Interested in learning more about Mindmatrix software? Join our email list to get the latest software release notes, videos and how-to articles.