- To create a website template, first go to Setup, then Asset Management, then Templates.
- Choose “Web” in the “FOLDER” section.
- Click “Create” to start making your new website template
Choose your personalization type (i.e. whether you want to make the web page a questionnaire or standard) and click “Go”.
Name your new web template. If you wish you may also add a description and filters. When you are finished click “Next”.
- To begin adding objects to your template, first click on the section button
- Then choose the visual settings for the section and click done
- Click and drag on the section to determine how much of the webpage it should occupy.
- You can repeat this process multiple times if you multiple color schemes.
- To use our web template editor, you can choose from the options at the top of the editor. Click “Save” to save your changes.
Managing web pages
- To rearrange the order of the web pages, click on the “Reorder” button and then click and drag on the directional icon.
- To copy or delete a web page, select the page and then press either the “copy” or “delete” icon.
- If you only want a webpage to appear under certain conditions, click on the “Page Management” tab and then click the “-Add Rules-” button.
- This will bring up the “Rule Management” window. Give your rule a name, and then select the field chooser icon to set the conditions for the rule, (for information on setting conditions, click here). If you want the web page to remain up whenever a condition is met, switch the “Action Type” widget to “Retain” if you want the page to be inaccessible when conditions are met, choose the “Save” option.
- When you are finished, choose the “Save” option.
Web Template Settings
- In the “Settings” tab you can edit your web page’s appearance and SEO options
- Clicking on the settings tab will open up the “Page Information” menu, which will be divided into two tabs, the “Page Setting” tab and the “Meta Information” tab. The “Page Setting” tab will have options allowing you to edit the appearance of your template.
- In the “Meta Information” tab you can adjust your webpage’s SEO features.
- You can also add Google Analytics or tracking code in the tracking code in the “google script” box, and add Java script in the “page script” box.
- One you are finished making your customizations, click “Save”.
Web template “Add” tab
- The “Add” tab will allow you to add a variety of media to your web page.
- All objects are mobile compatible by default. If you want to change this to make the object static, click on the object to open the object property box, go the "Object Property" section, select the "Mobile Discontected" option.
- Wire-frames refer to user designed templates. To use a wire-frame to set up your webpage, click on the “Wireframe” tab.
- This will bring up the “Wireframe(s)” menu. From there double click on the wireframe that you want.
Databases allow you add additional fields for personalization. To use this feature, click on the database tab.
Then select the database that you would like to upload and click save.
To view the new personalization fields, open the add tab, and select text.
Then click on the field chooser icon
Whatever fields where in the database will now appear in the personalization section.
Editing object layers
- The “Layers” tab allows you to specify how objects should overlap each other.
- This will bring up the “Layers Palette” menu. From there select the object that you wish to edit.
- From there select the alignment tab to move it to further to the front or back of a picture
Reviewing and finishing your work
- See to how your web page will look to contacts, click on the preview button
- When you are finished with your work, click the “Save” button in the upper left hand corner, and then click “Close” in the bottom right corner.
Interested in learning more about Mindmatrix software? Join our email list to get the latest software release notes, videos and how-to articles.