The businesses that are most successful in MSP Advantage are all performing these activities to convert leads. If you want to see maximum success, these are foolproof steps you should be following:
- Start now. As soon as you get a notification that they’re high or hot interest, send the first email in the playbook. Research shows that 35-50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first. Reaching out when they’re at peak interest will prevent you from losing them because they’ve moved on to other things (like your competitors).
- Mindmatrix sends you automatic notifications when your leads are high or hot interest. This means they’re ready for the sales discussion. Right away, pick up the phone or mark time on your calendar today.
- Be consistent in following up with leads. It can take 5-12 touch points from the time a contact becomes a warm lead to setting that appointment.
- The Sales Follow-Up Playbook keeps you consistent by providing a sales process we’ve seen gets results. Take it step by step and be diligent about “checking off” steps as you complete them.
- Follow up regularly. Start as soon as they reach high/hot interest. Call/email every 2 days until you reach them (use the timeline provided in the playbook). The average sales person only makes 2 attempts to reach a prospect.
- This is one of the biggest mistakes I see my less successful customers make. As other responsibilities arise, they don’t keep on top of contacting hot leads. You’re losing potential customers this way.
- Use a 2-step email process. Call and then send an email. This increases the number of touch points and the ways they can respond to you. Because 80% of calls go to voicemail, and 90% of first time voicemails are never returned, immediately sending an email gives them a lower-pressure way to respond to you.
- The Sales Follow-Up Playbook contains scripts for phone calls and voice mails, AND the email to send after the call.
- Know their interests before you reach out. 82% of buyers viewed at least 5 pieces of content from the winning vendor, says Forrester. Look at their contact activity report to see what topics they’re reading, which eguides they’re opening, what webpages they’re visiting. Tailor your approach accordingly.
- It’s about relationship building. Show you’re not just trying to sell them something that makes you money, but you’re providing them with a solution to their unique problems.
- Send trackable emails. This allows you to see when they open an email, click a link, check out your website – as it happens.
Relevant emails drive 18 times more revenue than broadcast emails.
Make the time. It’s so easy for follow-up to fall behind, because you’re a busy person. Following up with leads is the only way you’re going to get appointments, and this is something only you and your sales team can do.
Interested in learning more about Mindmatrix software? Join our email list to get the latest software release notes, videos and how-to articles.