This article will describe the differences between roles in Mindmatrix. This article is meant to be used in reference with the following articles:
1. Adding Users to Mindmatrix
2. Adding Groups to Mindmatrix
3. Adding Roles to Groups
Please familiarize yourself with the above articles before proceeding.
The Media Tab - Role Definitions
- Not Set: This is the minimal value for slider and it means there is no permission provided for this type of Media Asset. This asset type will not be shown across AMP for the User.
- View: This is first level of permission. This becomes redundant as User cannot perform any action on templates if set to this level. Only in Print user can “Add to Data Room” and create “eBook” (It will display only “My Documents” folder.)
- Edit: When set at this level, User can only “Customize” only “My Documents” in Print, Web, Data Room Media. Only in Print User can “Add to Data Room” and create “eBook”.
- Create: When set at this level, User can use all templates of all asset types for creating Media.
- Delete: This is the highest level and User can perform delete action also for created Media.
- Share: This functionality is not yet incorporated. This is to give permission for User to share the media created.
- Design: This functionality is not yet incorporated. This was to enable “Advanced Editor” in Media editor where in User could insert Text and Image objects. But as of now this “Advanced Editor” is enabled for all.
- Send: This functionality will enable “Send” option for all assets. For Asset type other than email it will also check for Email “Create” permission.
- Publish: This functionality will provide publishing the asset to social sites.
- Copy: This functionality will provide copying of the asset.
The System Tab - Role Definitions
- Not Set: This is the minimal value for slider and it means there is no permission provided for this setup item. The sub-menu will be hidden when set at this level.
- View: This is first level of permission. User can only view in the grid the already created records for the company.
- Edit: When set at this level, User can only edit existing records of the grid.
- Create: When set at this level, User can create new records as well as edit the created ones.
- Delete: This is the highest level and User can all actions including deleting records.
The Features Tab - Role Definitions
- drip: This will give permission to enable Drip campaigns in Manage > Campaigns.
- notifications: This is redundant as notification setting has been moved to User profile. This need to be enabled for all both email and SMS notifications.
- autopublishing: This will give permission to enable Social Drip and Social Listening in Manage > Campaigns.
- contactsharing: This will enable sharing of contacts with other Users and/or User groups.
- setup_menu: This will display the “Setup” menu when enabled. If this is disabled then it will hide the complete “Setup” menu even if there exist permission for items within the menu.
- template_approval: This will enable the “Template for Approvals” sub-menu in Setup > Asset Management.
- developerapi: This is for providing different APIs.
- crmaddons: This will enable the “CRMs & Add ons” menu in Setup.
9. persona: User will set a persona for the role.
Interested in learning more about Mindmatrix software? Join our email list to get the latest software release notes, videos and how-to articles.