Whether you are submitting a list of contacts to Mindmatrix for the first time, or updating an existing list that was imported in the past, there are best practices you should follow to see the best results from your marketing and sales efforts.
Make sure your contacts have been opted in or verified before importing into Mindmatrix.
Use these templates (link) to organize and submit your contacts for import.
Make sure the fields are up to date for each contact.
How do I make sure my contacts have opted in?
Because Mindmatrix’s drip campaigns are only one part of a larger marketing strategy, you want to build relationships with your prospects at every stage of the pipeline from day 1.
The best way to know if your contacts have opted in is to ask them. Give them a call, talk about their IT support needs, then ask if you can continue to share educational materials with them over time. If they say yes, put them into the spreadsheet.
If this is a list of leads you don’t have a relationship with, but you want to start nurturing them early, you must verify their email address using a list cleaning service before entering them into Mindmatrix.
What fields should be included?
We provide you with templates (link) to make the import process as simple as possible.
As a best practice, your spreadsheet should include these fields:
- First name
- Last name
- Email (required)
- Work number
- Contact Type - identify "Customer" (for MSPs); "Upselling Customer" (for hourly/breakfix); "Prospect" (for anyone not receiving services that you'd like to sell to)
You can include additional fields as needed for your marketing purposes.
Submit a ticket at http://my.mindmatrix.net and attach the spreadsheet template (in CSV format) to be imported into your account.
- Opting in - You’re going to receive the best results when your contacts have opted in. Pick up the phone and ask!
- Purchased lists - Purchased lists must be verified before you submit them to be imported.
- Verifying old lists - The longer you’ve had a list of contacts, the more out of date it is. Verify these contacts using an email verification service before importing them.
- Unsubscribed & hard bounced contacts - In order to comply with U.S. spam laws, Mindmatrix does not remove hard bounced or unsubscribed contacts from accounts. These contacts will count as part of your contact limit.
- Updating contacts in Mindmatrix - Talk with your consultant about the best way to update contact records.
- For international customers - You are responsible for obtaining permission to send marketing emails to your contacts and complying with your country’s spam laws.
This is a lot of work. Why is this so important?
Contact lists follow the “garbage in, garbage out” principle. The more accurate you can make these lists before we start your campaigns, the better response rate you’re going to see over time.
It is important to be sure you import only “clean” lists of contacts, for a couple reasons:
- If you have a large number of unsubscribed or hard bounced contacts, email providers will make it more difficult for your emails to get to the inbox of the people you want to reach.
- In order to comply with U.S. spam laws, Mindmatrix does not remove hard bounced or unsubscribed contacts. These contacts will count as part of your contact limit.
Interested in learning more about Mindmatrix software? Join our email list to get the latest software release notes, videos and how-to articles.